Professional (link to resume)
I have a broad range of senior level management experience in accounting, finance, and human resources. My last position, which lasted 24 years, ended when the family that I worked for sold the business. Since then I’ve been applying my skills and experience in several areas. I work part-time as CFO/Controller, as a business consultant, and as a freelance writer. See the links above (in the header) for more information about each type of service.
I have been engaged by a range of businesses, most often to family and closely-held businesses.
o CFO/Controller for Hire
For several years now I’ve been working as a part-time CFO/Controller. With a background in diverse businesses, including retail, finance, services, and real estate, my background and education (see below) make me a good choice for your firm.
o Free-lance Writing
I have written dozens of articles for a broad range of national and local magazines, as well as internal business documents, policy manuals, procedures, and training materials. For more information about hiring me to do freelance writing, see the link above (in the header.)
B.S. in Business Administration, Oregon State University
Masters in Business Administration (MBA), University of Pittsburgh.
- Speak fluent Spanish and fair French, and I am learning Italian.
- My wife and I love to travel. Recent trips include Argentina, Italy, Spain, France, The Netherlands, and Alaska.
- I am very interested in history, which I have combined with my interest in travel and writing. I’m currently restoring a 1943 Ford Army Jeep.
- City Council member, City of Sandy, Oregon 2004-2008.
- I have been happily married for more than 29 years to Kristi. We are proud parents of Robert & Karina
- Kristi and I periodically lead short-term teams from Good Shepherd Community Church to Mexico and Argentina where we work with local orphanages and other organizations.